Last Updated; March 1, 2023
This Policy applies to all visitors and/or clients who act in their own personal capacity as our client or as in their professional capacity, for instance;
- Clients who access our Platform or other services provided by us
- Our prospective clients identified as such by us or our third parties
- Our suppliers and business partners
- Anyone else who interacts with us via call, email or visit us or otherwise interact with us
2. PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY
We at VAI know and understand how important it is for you to understand how we collect, store, process, share and use your personal data. We respect and protect the privacy of our clients' personal data in our Platform. The purpose of this Policy is to describe how VAI collects, processes and manages clients’ personal data through the Platform, which are developed to offer VAI services.
- a. “Personal data” means any information referring to an identified or identifiable natural person
- b. “Data subject” means identified or identifiable natural person to whom Personal Data relates.
- c. “Identifiable Natural Person” means a natural living person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to his biological, physical, biometric, physiological, mental, genetic, economic, cultural or social identity.
- d. “Document(s)” includes
- i. any medium in which data is recorded, whether printed, or on tape, or film or by electronic means, or otherwise;
- ii. map, diagram, photograph, film, microfilm, video-tape, sound recording, or machine-readable record;
- iii. any record which is capable of being produced from
- a machine-readable record by means of equipment or a programme, or a combination of both, or
- any equipment or a programme, or a combination of both, and is used for that purpose by the public body or private body which holds the record;
By accessing and using VAI Platform or our services you are consenting and accepting the terms of this Policy.
5. THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT FROM CLIENTS
Your Personal data is collected and stored with VAI in order to provide, develop and to enhance our products and services including technical infrastructure, security, compliance, fraud prevention and customer support.
6. WHY CLIENTS’ PERSONAL DATA IS USED?
- i. To communicate with client
- ii. To comply with legal and regulatory compliance
- iii. To detect and prevent frauds and credit risks
- iv. To provide, troubleshoot and improve VAI Services
- v. To enforce our terms in our client agreement
- vi. To provide customer services
- vii. To ensure quality control
- viii. To ensure network and information security
- ix. To enhance and personalize client experience
- x. To facilitate corporate acquisitions, mergers or transactions
- xi. To engage in marketing activities
- xii. For transaction services
- xiii. Purposes for which we seek client’s consent
7. DATA TRANSFER
7.1 We may share your personal data with affiliates, selected third parties, including business suppliers, distributors and subcontractors, when it is necessary for the delivery of our services, or when there is a legal basis to do so. The aforementioned third parties only collect, use and disclose your information in the ways indicated by us in order to provide adequate services.
7.2 We transfer only the minimum amount of data necessary for a particular outsourced service provider(s) and we only cooperate with the outsourced service providers who can provide and ensure adequate level of Personal data protection.
7.3 With our affiliates/ business partners as a general part of conducting business to offer services.
7.4 VAI ensures that the service providers and affiliates/ business partners who process personal information acknowledge the confidentiality of this information and to protect the client’s right to privacy by complying with all applicable privacy and data protection laws.
8. COOKIES POLICY
8.2 We may collect information about your activities on our Platform via first and third-party cookies, clear GIFs or web beacons, or through other identifiers or technologies, including similar technologies as they may evolve over time.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
9.2 You generally have the following rights, which you can usually exercise free of charge:
Access to a copy of your personal data The right to be provided with a copy of your personal data Correction (also known as rectification) The right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data Erasure (also known as the right to be forgotten) The right to require us to delete your personal data—in certain situations Restriction of use The right to require us to restrict use of your personal data in certain circumstances, eg if you contest the accuracy of the data Data portability The right to receive the personal data you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party—in certain situations To object to use The right to object:
—at any time to your personal data being used for direct marketing (including profiling)
Not to be subject to decisions without human involvement The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you
We do not make any such decisions based on data collected by our website
The right to withdraw consents If you have provided us with a consent to use your personal data you have a right to withdraw that consent easily at any time
Withdrawing a consent will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your personal data in reliance on that consent before it was withdrawn
To exercise any of the above stated rights, please get in touch with us by emailing the address provided in the ‘Contact Information’ section below.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify, amend, supplement or replace this Policy at any time and such update details shall be indicated at the top of this page. We will review and revise this Policy when there are any material circumstances arisen that may affect our ability to apply this Policy pursuant to the provisions of statutory and law requirements. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion. An updated version of the Policy is released, your continued access to the Platform means that you agree to the updated content and agree to abide by the updated Policy.
11. CONTACT INFORMATION
In the event of any comments, questions, inquiries or complaints regarding this Policy, the client has the right to submit questions and/or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org